Nav Bar

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Reawakening a passion

Overall, college has been wonderful for me. I have loved all the people I have met, all the experiences I have had, and even a vast majority of the classes that I have taken.

One deleterious thing about college, though? It sucks up all your time.

I'm a double major in the business school, so when I'm in the midst of the semester, my life revolves around projects, tests, and internships. As a result, I tend to forget to give myself some time to just do what I love and be happy.

My photography has definitely suffered quite a bit because of it.

Every year, I print new photos to put in the dozens of frames that adorn the walls of my room. Last summer, I realized with disdain that I had very few new images to choose from to print - I was limited to just the few snapshots I had taken during my trip to Seattle.

This summer, I vowed to change that. I faltered a bit at the beginning (because I was - and to a certain point still am - dealing with some things), but now that I've less than a month of summer left, I'm determined to make it count. (Better late than never!)

So Kylie and I went out and had an impromptu photoshoot last night. It was absolutely brilliant and it made me so happy beyond words. It reminded me that a camera in my hands and a model in front of me really put me in my element - something that I had been missing for so long.

So take it from me, y'all. Don't put your passions on the backburner - always make a little bit of time for them. Because when you put your passions on the backburner, a little piece of your soul goes there with them.

Enjoy these shots of Kylie from last night!







xx
ola

No comments:

Post a Comment