Nav Bar

Sunday, January 12, 2014

An open letter: thank you, I love you

I like to think of myself as a rather gracious person, and as such, I try to ensure that the people that are incredibly important in my life know it. This year alone (all 12 days of it), I have been overtaken by an overwhelming sense of gratitude, and I know that I am so lucky to be surrounded by the incredible in my life. Sometimes, it feels like I can't say "thank you" or "I love you" enough. So here's an open letter of thanks to all the wonderfully incredible people in my life. Thank you for making my life a wonderful one full of smiles, happiness, and amazing memories.

To my wonderful boyfriend, for providing me with laughs, relaxation, and an overwhelming feeling of safety and security. For holding me close when I'm overburdened with anxiety, and whispering calming phrases in my ears. For making me smile so much my face hurts, for constantly exposing me to new things, and for having the most wonderful adventures together. For long hours that bleed together in what seems like minutes, laying and talking about everything and anything.

To my parents, for providing me with an amazing life. For giving me the opportunity to make something of myself by supporting me through my education and my various pursuits, no matter how flighty they may be. For loving me unconditionally, even when I have my "bratty kid" moments. For being the most amazing role models I could have ever asked for, and for providing me with this undying sense of gratitude and the knowledge that I should never - and will never - take a single thing for granted.

To my best friends, for making me laugh so hard I cry and make really ugly noises (and faces). For all the late nights spent talking about life, love, fears, and hopes. For all the random adventures during random hours in random places. For the moments where I "feel infinite" (and revel in the cliches). For the memories that I will treasure forever, and for the unconditional love and bond I feel with a group of people who are not my bloodline, but may as well be.

To my sorority sisters, for showing me that a lifelong bond can be created outside of blood - if only with the right people. For being the first big group of girls that I've managed to maintain friendships with. For making me laugh, showing me love, and really helping me grow exponentially as a person.

To my teachers - whether they be those from elementary school or college - for gifting me with a love of learning. For pushing me to do my best, and for challenging my laziness. For introducing me to the world of literature and writing, and for nurturing my interests and providing critical feedback to help me grow.


And so I'll say it again, even though it doesn't feel like it's nearly enough - thank you, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment